Friday, May 21, 2010

My Writing Hiatus Ends

It has been five weeks since my last blog. Somehow this sounds like the beginning of a Catholic confession. If I say three Hail Mary’s will I be forgiven?

No! says my writer’s conscience.. A serious writer writes every day. No excuses.

But, I had a good excuse. I bought an iphone and have been downloading apps, looking at subway maps, listening to books on tape, checking out the latest new apps.

You should have been writing!

But, truthfully, no one is reading this blog anyway – except my mother, my family and my close friends. They have to read it. I have them set up so they receive the posts in their e-mail box, whether they want them or not.

It doesn’t matter if no one reads your blog. You write because you must. You write for yourself, if you have to, just to hone your skills.

But the iphone is so much fun! Who knew a phone could do so much? I can check my e-mail, play games, read books, listen to books, listen to music, take pictures and videos. Why, I just posted a video I took on my phone to You Tube this morning. How cool is that??

Cool, schmool. That silly video isn’t going to get you anywhere. I’ve seen it and it stinks.

I know, but I had fun learning how to do it. The next one will be better. I promise.

OK, OK, you are forgiven. Are you ready to start working on your writing again?

Yes.

Well then. You can start by saying three Hail Mary’s, and two Our Father’s. Begin with the Act of Contrition.

Oh, my God, I am truly sorry for having offended thee…

{pause} I forgot the rest of the words. Luckily there is an app for that. It’s called Pocket Prayer Pro – and it’s free!

No comments:

Post a Comment