Friday, September 10, 2010

School Bus Rant

I got stuck behind a school bus today.  I forgot how annoying that is.  It seems like you wait forever for the kids to saunter on and off the bus.  Kids don’t run anymore, do they?  They take their sweet time. I swear they do it just to annoy all the drivers sitting in their cars behind the bus. 
And whatever happened to bus stops?  The bus I was trailing stopped at individual houses, put out the big STOP sign off the side of the bus, opened the door and patiently waited for the kids to finish their toast and brush their teeth. Take your time!  I’ve got all day here!

Worse than the kids, though, are the mothers who stand there in the morning gabbing with the bus driver.  They usually have a cup of coffee in their hand, pajama pants under a raincoat, hair all messy, no makeup.  They’re in no hurry.  They're going back to bed once all the little kiddies are safely on the bus. They don’t care that there are five cars idling behind the bus with very anxious drivers who are probably already late for work.
I’m sitting there this morning watching the clock on my dashboard turn over another minute, wishing I could blast my horn at the back of the bus, but really wishing I could run over the mother gabbing and laughing it up with the bus driver.  When they finally finish the conversation, the doors of the bus close and the mothers stand there frantically waving and blowing kisses to their little darlings.  Knock it off!  I wanted to yell out my window.  They’re coming back in six hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment